Cook and Enjoy!
Ramen Noodle Stir-Fry
· Dash of oil
· 1 cup mixed vegetables
· 1 package ramen noodles
· 1 ramen noodle spice packet
· 1 cup water
1. Put oil in frying pan and heat for 1 minute with heat setting at 6.
2. Add vegetables and sauté* until vegetables are thawed and tender
a. *What is sauté? It is when you cook things in a frying pan stirring occasionally with a wooden spoon
3. Break ramen noodles up a bit and then add ramen noodles, spice packet, and water to frying pan.
4. Cook the noodles until tender and the water is absorbed.
5. Serve in bowls and eat up.
Breakfast Burritos (without cutting skills)
2-4 T of chopped onions depending on how much you want
1-2 T of chopped mild green chili depending on how much you want
1 egg per group member plus 1 more
Dash of salt & pepper (use the salt and pepper shakers in your end cap)
1 tortilla per group member
1 slice of cheese per group member
Oil (see instructions for how much)
1. Collect onions and chilies in a soufflé dish
2. Break eggs into a small mixing bowl and beat with fork
3. Add a dash of salt and pepper to the eggs
4. Put oil in frying pan and heat up over # 7 heat for 1 minute
5. Add the onion and chopped chili to the hot frying pan
6. Sauté onion and chili for 3 to 4 minutes or until soft and clear looking.
7. Pour the beaten eggs into the pan and scramble the eggs with the vegetables.
8. Put the tortillas on plates and the cheese in the middle of the tortilla, then put plates into microwave 1 at a time for 20-30 seconds or until cheese is melted.
9. Using a wooden spoon, scoop some of the egg filling into each tortilla.
10. Hot sauce and ketchup is on the Demo Table if you want some
11. Fold up burrito and eat! Yum yum!
1/2 cup white flour
1/4 cup whole wheat flour
2 t oil
¾ cups 2% milk
Dash of sal
1. Pull all ingredients into a bowl and mix with and mixer until smooth (or put in blender and mix until smooth)
If you have a crepe maker:
Pour batter into a pie pan or other shallow dish and dip crepe maker into batter, let cook, remove and serve!
If you do NOT have a crepe maker:
Heat up a frying pan or skillet with a bit of oil in it. Pour batter into it to make a large thin “pancake” cook until sides curl up. Remove and serve!
Mrs. Hubbard's sour cream filling: 1 cup sour cream to ¼ - ½ cup jam of choice.
1/4 c margarine
1/4 cup sugar
1/4 cup brown sugar
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1 cup flour
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 cup chocolate chips
1. Turn oven on to 350 degrees
2. In largest mixing bowl, using hand mixer, blend margarine, sugar, and brown sugar using electric hand mixer - mix for only about 10 seconds
3. Add vanilla and egg to margarine mixture and mix in using hand mixer
4. In a separate mixing bowl: mix flour, baking soda, and salt together with wooden spoon
5. Pour flour mixture into margarine mixer and mix together using wooden spoon
6. Pour in chocolate chips and mix in with wooden spoon
7. Using 2 spoons, scrape batter onto sprayed cookie sheet - makes about 12 cookies.
8. Bake for 9 minutes
Yes! Veggies can be sweets too!
1/4 cup + 2 T brown sugar
2 T +1 t margarine
1/4 t salt
1 c flour
1/2 t cinnamon
1/2 t baking powder
1/4 t nutmeg
1/2 carrot - grated
· Wash hands
· Turn oven on to 375 degrees
· Place cookie sheet on counter for Mrs. Hubbard to spray with oil.
· Get out largest mixing bowl and place brown sugar, egg, margarine, and salt into it.
· Wash and Grate carrot onto a plate or into a bowl
· use smallest grating holes on grater
· Using hand mixer on lowest setting, mix the sugar, egg, margarine, and salt together for 5-10 seconds.
· Get out medium sized mixing bowl and place flour, baking powder, cinnamon, and nutmeg in it. Mix together with a wooden spoon.
· Add the carrots to the egg mixture.
· Add the flour mixture to the egg/carrot mixture and mix everything together using a wooden spoon.
· Drop by spoonfuls onto a cookie sheet.
· Bake 10 minutes
· What do you think? Carrots in cookies???
1 1/2 cup flour
1 cup sugar
1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup water
1/3 cup vegetable oil
1 Tablespoon white vinegar
1 teaspoon vanilla
1. Put all ingredients into bowl and mix until blended with a wooden spoon or electric mixer (don't over mix)
2. Line your muffin tin with paper liners
3. Pour batter into the lined muffin tin so that each liner is filled 1/2 way. Do not overfill. (you can pour the batter out using a liquid measuring cup or one of the plastic mixing bowls)
4. Cook at 350 degrees for 20 minutes.